Thursday, March 29, 2007

Has the Works Burger lost the pineapple?

On my way back from Officeworks on Parramatta Road the other day, I stopped by KFC because I suddenly had a craving for one of those WORKs burgers, with the pineapple and bacon and cheese. Yummy. I was almost tempted to try the new "Crunchy" burger but it turns out that is just two chicken strips in a bun. When I finally got to a safe spot to park my car and start eating the burger, I found something strange. No pineapple! Instead there were grilled onions marinated in a tangy tomato sauce, as if they thought I wouldn't notice! Is KFC so desperate to cut costs that they'd destroy the burgers that we love. I hope not, I hope its just that the KFC there ran out of pineapples that day. Theres only one way to find out... I'm going to another KFC tomorrow and I'll order a works burger and tell them to make sure theres pineapple in it. I also checked the KFC website, but it didnt have any useful info, but I did find out that a Zinger burger has twice the fat of a regular chicken fillet burger.

No comments:

Post a Comment