Friday, February 29, 2008

Why Airsoft guns are illegal in Australia


When I was in Japan, I used to love playing with Airsoft guns. Indeed in the short time I was there, I amassed a small arsenal of guns. My favourite was my XM177 "Colt" rifle. Anyway, time came to come back to Australia and I brought a bunch of my guns back with me. I just couldn't part with my babies. In Japan I had shot pigeons and even had full-on "wars" with my friends there, but we all wore face protection and were generally pretty responsible. However, when I showed my guns to my friends in Australia, they went ballistic and just the first thing they did was run around shooting each other, aiming for their faces! Within two days, the guns were all broken, there were BBs all over the house and it was a miracle that nobody was blinded. I even had classmates come and ask if they could "borrow a gun to hold up a petrol station."

Luckily I didn't show them my fully automatic guns, but these eventually broke down due to aging rubber parts within.

The point I'm trying to make here is that most Australian teens are incredibly irresponsible and I am really glad they don't have access to these guns. Its really unfortunate because I love those Airsoft guns. Totally different to a real gun, because first of all, they aren't loud, so I can shoot them in my backyard. Second, they don't kill. Third, they just look and feel awesome!

So thats why I didn't sign the petition to legalize Airsoft in Australia. That said, if I ever go back to live in Japan, I will begin collecting again. First purchase will probably be a nice Glock pistol, and then probably one of those battery powered fully auto Mp5s. What about that M134 minigun!

1 comment:

  1. My god you're a faggot.

    It's your fault, not their fault, that they shot at each other. If you had any sense of responsibility you would have advised them on the dangers, and no doubt they would not have shot each other with them.

    You're just another left wing fuckwit.

    Fuck off, fucking kill yourself.

    ReplyDelete