Sunday, March 2, 2008

Mardi Gras : Gay

Went to see the Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras parade last night. I wasn't going to go since I've already seen it a hundred times, but a Japanese friend of mine had never seen it so I went with her. Pardon my French, but it was the same shite as last year and the year before that. My Japanese friend loved it and had a great time. Although I watched until the end, I wasn't all that thrilled about the parade. There were the same old characters and no real entertainment value. The most interesting part of it was watching the people in crowd who were mostly drunk, and also some young people who were obviously on ecstasy or weed or both.

Gay friends of mine tell me the real party starts after the parade, but even if you're gay or lesbian, the tickets are hard to come by and you have to be super good-looking to get into the best parties.

I don't think I'll go to Mardi Gras next year. First of all I'm not gay. Second, its just going to be the same old shit. Seeing men dressed in drag just doesn't do it for me. I guess I'm getting old, but I'd rather watch men dressed in Armani or Hugo Boss showing off the latest fashions.

Anyway that was my rant on the Mardi Gras.

1 comment: